Terms of Service and Rules
Referral Directory Terms of Service
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. In addition, all Content must abide by Referral Directory's Site-Wide Rules (these can be found below).
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Referral Directory Site-Wide Rules
1.Post on the correct place: Descriptions for each of the boards can be found on the main index page to the forum. Additionally, please ensure that advertising is limited to sections which are explicitly for that purpose.
2. Avoid spamming: Sentence long messages are preferred. In certain boards, such as the forum games board, this rule is exempted. Simply typing "BUMP" could be considered spam, instead post a message describing recent stats, site news, events, or even just saying "We're still open, come check us out!"
3. Be respectful: Excessive swearing, flaming, etc. will not be tolerated. This is a general community for ages 13+, please avoid posting content which may be considered offensive.
4. Don't use all CAPS: Typing a title or message in all caps appears as shouting and is annoying, plus more annoying to read. If you wish to emphasize part of your post consider using bold, italics, on underlined text. Putting one word here or there in caps is permitted as well, but your entire message or sentence should not be.
5. Forbidden Topics:
These sites are not permitted on referral directory. Posting links to these sites either in a post or in your signature will result in a ban.
- No listings of cheat/hack/keylogger/virus sites - The posters of these sites will be banned without any discussions.
- No links to sites containing pirated or other illegal software.
- No links to sites containing pornography
- Misleading links, links that lead to shock images or videos.
- Anything else determined to be unsuitable
6. No posting of related topics in multiple boards: Any posts that are similar that are posted on numerous other forums are not allowed. Only one post is necessary under one board. Any double posts like this will be deleted.
7. Size restriction on Avatar and Signature Images: The maximum size for signatures is 700px width by 200px height. The maximum size for avatars is 90px width by 90px height. Signatures or avatars may not contain content which is in violation of any of the posted rules. Such signatures or avatars will be removed.
8. No Multiple Accounts: Multiple forum accounts are not allowed on RD. You may only have one RD forum account per person unless you have permission from the Admins of the site. Making multiple accounts to exchange RD$ or reputation will result in all of your accounts being banned. If there are multiple individuals in your house using RD, please PM an admin regarding it to avoid confusion and possible bans.
9. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden: Please do not copy someone else's content word for word and post it here. You may not copy someone else's work and post it here claiming it as your own.
10. Leave moderation to staff members: If you believe someone has broken a rule please report it and move on. Do not make posts implying that that other users will get in trouble or should be banned.
11. Bumping old topics: Please avoid bumping old topics that have not had a post in them for more than three months unless:
- The topic is a promotion thread for a site that is still active;
- The topic is still relevant and has discussion value;
- The original thread creator is still active (for topics such as graphic requests, exchanges, or RD$ shops).
12. English Only: This is an English based community, therefore, please make all your posts in English so they can be read. "L33t" speak is also not permitted as it is difficult to read and since we have users from around the world, everyone may not understand what you are posting.
13. Follow forum specific rules: In addition to these general rules which apply to all of Referral Directory, other forums may have specific rules. Be sure to read and follow them.
Referral Directory reserves the right to modify, add, or remove rules at any time for any reason with or without notice. If you have any questions regarding the rules please contact an administrator or member of the community team.